Little Spoon is the leading direct-to-consumer brand on a mission to make parents’ lives easier through high quality, healthy meal + snack-time solutions for babies, toddlers + big kids that conveniently deliver right to parents’ doors. Little Spoon sets children up for a lifetime of health, from a baby’s very first bites through to their big kid years, with a portfolio of freshly-made baby food, early finger foods, toddler + big kid meals and snacks. Since launch, the company has delivered more than 27 million meals, helping to simplify the lives of hundreds of thousands of parents across the US. Little Spoon and its community platform, Is This Normal, are here to disrupt the +$100B children’s health and wellness market, offering modern solutions, trusted resources, and a new way to connect with a network of parents. Learn more at LittleSpoon.com and IsThisNormal.co, or find Little Spoon on Instagram at @LittleSpoon.
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
What’s the Role:
As Little Spoon’s Business Strategy and Analytics MBA Intern, you will have the opportunity to drive continued success across the company. With your business acumen and technical skill set, you will play an integral role in supporting the execution of key cross-functional strategic initiatives and empowering the company with data-driven decision making. This role will encompass a wide breadth of responsibilities, expand your strategic and analytical thinking, and allow you to gain experience in a fast-growing startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Complete a capstone project that will address a company need or drive efficiency across the business, working cross-functionally to ensure timely and effective implementation
- Identify, scope, and size opportunities, in consultation with the Business Strategy and Analytics Senior Manager, to evaluate and implement strategic initiatives that meaningfully drive company goals
- Utilize proprietary data and other sources to understand patterns of customer behavior, identify business trends, and develop recommendations to improve the Little Spoon experience
- Support the finance team with financial modeling for new products or changes in the business
Who You Are:
- Current MBA student from a top-tier business school
- Proven ability to generate hypotheses, resourcefully gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and present key findings to relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to effectively synthesize complex plans to all levels of an organization
- Team player who loves collaborating with people and is willing to take on additional responsibilities where necessary
- Self-starter that thrives in an unstructured and fast-moving environment
- Intellectually curious, strategic thinker who enjoys creative problem solving
- You value diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression and believe that a diverse team makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results
How You’ll Stand Out:
- High-growth startup experience a plus
- Experience with subscription startups – namely in Food – a plus
Our paid summer internship lasts for 10-13 weeks, starting at the end of May or beginning of June. We’d love to have someone dedicated to the role 5 days a week during typical business hours. This position can be located in NYC or Remote. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this role at Little Spoon. The last day to apply is April 15, 2023.