About the Role
As Little Spoon’s Finance & Accounting Analyst, you will have the opportunity to play a role in building out our accounting processes to streamline workflows and support with strong financial planning and analysis to drive business success. From building variance analysis reporting procedures to managing month-end close, you’ll have the chance to become a trusted business partner by adding value to aid decision making in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Manage & build the day-to-day accounting, in accordance with GAAP, of a growing company, including but not limited to: general ledger, monthly, quarterly, annual closing, balance sheet reconciliations, inventory accounting, accounts payable
- Assist in periodic financial reporting, tax compliance, tax filings
- Contribute to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, annual closing
- Develop, design, improve, document and enforce internal control, business and accounting policies and procedures to streamline efficiency across all aspects of the business
FP&A / Finance
- Assist with building and maintaining financial models, reports and analysis to support business operations and other strategic initiatives
- Support in defining, tracking, and reporting of KPIs and financial metrics across the business to evaluate and benchmark performance
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to support margin improvement and other high-impact initiatives
- Play a key supporting role in budgeting and forecasting process; analyzing and investigating variances to streamline budget vs actuals and variance reporting to support business functions
Who You Are
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a subscription-based and/or food business with fast-moving inventory across multiple locations
- CPA preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and inventory accounting
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and Quickbooks Online
- Basic knowledge of SQL a plus but not required
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.