As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for crafting and enhancing our systems that drive our entire business. From creating new features that empower our users to building out our subscription and billing services to scale as well as expanding our api.
- Develop applications and business critical features using agile methodologies. Including design, sprint planning, code reviews, retros, etc
- Write clean, testable code using React/Redux/Next.js
- Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity and scale
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to determine their needs and deliver well thought out features
- Deliver both frontend and backend features that improve the Little Spoon experience
Our architecture is centered around a NodeJS API with Postgres and Redis. We have two custom-built web applications that interface with it:
- the consumer facing website, LittleSpoon.com, that has content pages, an onboarding and checkout flow, and user account and order management
- an internal tool, Spoon Central, that our team uses for customer management, reporting, product catalogs, updating content, and advanced subscription options
Our front-end applications are written in React, Redux and Next.js.
Additionally, we have a number of custom workers that handle jobs like processing renewal orders, sending triggered e-mails and generating reports, as well as webhooks integrating with select third party services for things like payment processing, generating shipping labels, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Our ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with modern web architecture and software development practices
- Experience working in an Agile Team
- Be curious and have a passion for learning
- Willingness to touch every aspect of our code base and systems
- Comfortable with DevOps responsibilities – deploying and maintaining application stacks in multiple environments. Experience with AWS, Heroku and Redis are a plus
- Ability to think creatively and come up with solutions to ever-changing business needs
- E-commerce and/or subscription based e-commerce experience is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Startup grit
- Based in our NoHo, NYC office (when we reopen, of course!)
- A supportive and inclusive workplace filled with a passionate, happy and smart people
- A fun, familial and high-energy culture
- Entrepreneurial environment with lots of room to grow
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, vision and dental
- All-you-can-eat Little Spoon!
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.