WHO WE ARE
Little Spoon is the direct-to-consumer brand on a mission to make parents’ lives easier. We create healthy food and nutrition solutions for children that are both high quality and accessible, and conveniently deliver them to families nationwide. We started with first bites and the idea that your baby’s food should never be older than your baby, disrupting the century-old baby food industry with the launch of our Babyblends. We’ve since expanded our offering with the launch of Plates, a first-of-its kind line of healthy, fun meals for toddlers and big kids. In addition, we offer a line of clean vitamins and natural remedies called Boosters. And with some exciting product launches on the horizon, we’re just getting started!
Little Spoon is a fast-growing venture-backed company based in NYC.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager will be an in-house expert for all regulatory affairs within our rapidly growing company. You will be the go-to subject matter expert within our company and you will report to the Chief Product Officer.
- Establish the company’s regulatory and compliance policies and ensure they comply with FDA and USDA requirements.
- Create and maintain up-to-date versions of NLEAs, allergens and ingredient statements across all products compliant with FDA and USDA
- Collect and review all pertinent ingredient documentation and specifications. Ensure accuracy of the information into nutrition label software
- Evaluate package graphic proofs for all requisite information and provide audit support for existing labels
- Maintain centralized document management systems for regulatory affairs
- Act as point person with all third-party certifiers (Kosher, QAI Organic, etc.)
- Ensure USDA (meat, poultry and egg) and FDA compliance of product nutritional and ingredient information, including ingredient and allergen list, confirming nutrition values, net weight statements, nutritional and advertising claims, and standards of identity to be used on physical packaging and communicated on the web
- Work cross-functionally with marketing team to review product claims made on physical collateral, digital mediums and other consumer communications for compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines and established company procedures
- Proactively understand and interpret regulatory requirements for ingredients, formulations, labeling, claims, etc.
- Develop product claims support documentation utilizing published research studies and FDA regulations
- Assist with validation and relevance of claims when formulations are modified
- Create, manage and update internal regulatory documentation (SOPs, claims substantiation documents, etc.)
- Review supplier documentation for regulatory compliance
- Approve raw material and finished goods specifications. Ensure proper approvals and distribution of manufacturing specifications among internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain records for auditing purposes
- Collaborate with Quality on external communication with third-party regulatory bodies
- Monitor regulatory developments internally and externally to enable forward looking business strategy and ensure continued regulatory compliance with minimal unexpected impact on business
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Our ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
- 7+ years of food manufacturing and supplements regulatory affairs experience
- Extensive knowledge of USDA/FDA Regulations
- Knowledge of infant regulations
- Experience in labeling and nutrition facts panels
- Hands-on experience in achieving product certifications
- Experience working with a breadth of third-party contractors
- Extremely organized with experience handling and managing multiple projects, prioritizing and managing complexity
- Excellent research skills
- Based in NYC or remote
- Reports to Chief Product Officer
- May require travel to visit suppliers and manufacturing partners
- A supportive and inclusive workplace filled with passionate, happy and smart people
- Entrepreneurial environment with lots of room for growth and innovation
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Competitive compensation including equity and 401k
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, vision and dental