As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for defining the next generation of Little Spoon’s digital experience, partnering with internal and external stakeholders to translate our product vision into solutions that drive game-changing business results.
• Lead and own projects and make important decisions that power our business
• Focus obsessively on anything that can improve the Little Spoon digital experience, with an eye toward even the smallest of details
• Proactively identify gaps in the current digital product experience and lead the effort to develop solutions for continuous improvement
• Lead sprint planning, collaborating closely with our engineering team on a daily basis
• Manage a team of freelance UX/UI designers to bring new features to life
• Work cross-functionally with the physical product, customer care, marketing and operations teams to understand the wholistic needs of the business and help build solutions to solve them
• As a core member of our team, participate in company-wide strategic planning
• Analyze metrics to evaluate performance of features and determine improvements, using internal and external data, benchmarks and best practices to identify, monitor and deliver solutions
• Define and manage the product roadmap and release plan, managing expectations with all relevant stakeholders
• Synthesize product requirements from a variety of internal and external resources and convey product requirements by creating effective user stories, functional requirements, wireframes and/or mockups
• Communicate the product vision to the development team and maximize the value of each sprint and release by ensuring the backlog is groomed and prioritized according to the overall strategy and product roadmap
• Plan and execute A/B testing
• Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity and scale
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Our ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
• 5+ years of experience
• Experience with modern web architecture and agile methodologies
• Detail and process-oriented, while maintaining the ability to see the big picture and challenge the traditional path
• Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and the ability to see other points of view while maintaining a confident direction
• Ability to think creatively and craft simple solutions to complex problems and ever-changing business needs, based on data and user research
• User-centric mentality and ability to extract qualitative insights from user interactions
• Experience working closely and collaborating with engineers
• Ability to effortlessly translate complex technical challenges to non-technical team members
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders
• E-commerce experience, ideally with a subscription-based business
• Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Passion for user experience
• Startup grit
- Based in our NoHo, NYC office (when we reopen, of course!)
- A supportive and inclusive workplace filled with a passionate, happy and smart people
- A fun, familial and high-energy culture
- Entrepreneurial environment with lots of room to grow
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, vision and dental
- All-you-can-eat Little Spoon!
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.