What’s the role:
As Little Spoon’s Strategic Analytics Associate, you will have the opportunity to build out our S&OP tools and processes, create foundational reporting, and answer business questions by diving into customer insights. With your technical skill set and business acumen, you will play an integral role in empowering the company with data-driven decision-making. This role will encompass a wide breadth of responsibilities, expand your analytical and strategic thinking, and allow you to gain experience in a fast-growing startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize proprietary data and other sources to understand patterns of customer behavior, identify business trends, and seize opportunity of various strategies.
- Build out a suite of analytical tools and dashboards to bolster reporting and insights capabilities for all teams in the company.
- Improve accuracy of demand forecasting by creating sophisticated models that incorporate insights of our customer ordering behavior and plan for future launches.
- Partner with the Operations team to unlock time and cost savings by creating tools for production planning and ingredient sourcing.
- Support finance team with financial modeling and investor reporting.
- Iterate existing cross-functional processes to optimize business planning.
- Dive into customer performance to identify pain points and develop recommendations to improve the Little Spoon experience.
Who You Are:
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking or management consulting;
- Comfortable creating financial models and analyses in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Basic SQL knowledge required.
- Self-starter that thrives in an unstructured and fast-moving environment.
- Intellectually curious, strategic thinker who enjoys creative problem solving.
- Team player who loves collaborating with people and is willing to take on additional responsibility where necessary.
- Strong communication,presentation skills and ability to effectively synthesize complex findings into action-oriented insights.
- Skilled with Powerpoint and Google Slides
How You’ll Stand Out:
- High-growth startup experience a plus
- Advance knowledge of SQL a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau a plus
- Experience with subscription startups – namely in Food – a plus
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.