As a senior member of our team, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the systems that drive our entire business. From crafting new features that empower our customers to building out our subscription and billing services up to scale as well as internal tools for managing operations and logistics, you’ll be part of a team that is excited to do good for Little Spoon and its customers.You will:
- Develop applications and business critical features with a pragmatic, agile approach
- Write clean, well-documented, and testable code
- Have end-to-end responsibility for projects that take us and our customers to the next level
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to communicate and determine needs and deliver well thought-out features and solutions
- Deliver both frontend and backend features that improve the Little Spoon experience
Our architecture is centered around a NodeJS API using Postgres and Redis for storage. We have two custom-built web applications that interface with it:
- the consumer facing website, LittleSpoon.com, that has content pages, an onboarding and checkout flow, and account and order management
- an internal portal, Spoon Central, that our team uses for customer management, product merchandising, updating content, and advanced subscription options
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEOur ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
- Experience designing APIs and data models for modern web architectures
- Experience working on an agile team with a strong culture of documentation and testing
- Naturally curious and has a passion for learning and teaching others
- Willingness to express any opinion but prioritizes team consensus
- Able to break down larger pieces of work into simpler, manageable and executable pieces
- Understands the value in planning for the long term but not over engineering in the short term.
- Able to think creatively and come up with solutions for ever-changing business needs
- Comfortable with DevOps responsibilities – deploying and maintaining application stacks in multiple environments. Experience with AWS, Heroku and Redis are a plus
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and Redis is a plus
- Experience working with Agile / Kanban is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial start-up environment
- E-commerce and/or subscription based e-commerce experience is a plus
- Based in NYC or Remote
- A supportive and inclusive workplace filled with passionate, happy and smart people
- A fun, friendly and high-energy culture
- Entrepreneurial environment with lots of room for growth and innovation
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Competitive compensation including equity and 401k plan
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, vision and dental
At Little Spoon, we celebrate the unique background and point of view that each person brings to our team. We hire for potential, not just past experience, and strive to support the career development of each and every person on our team.
We are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.